Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Utterly Awesome Kat Book!!

So I had the sudden urge one day to make my bestest friend A scrapbook...not just any book..I wanted to make it all myself. So my hubby was on board with this project and bought me a saw. I purchased some thin plywood and went to town cutting shapes...as you can see, they aren't perfect but I love them anyway. Not only was I trying to make her a book that was completely home made...I also wanted to step out of my comfort zone. I am always looking to expand my scrappin' abilities because I get tired of my pages starting to all look the same. It took awhile to cut, sand and paint the sides of the wood..but putting it all together was rather easy..I had the idea in my head and everything fell into place. The only thing I think I will change on it is the binder ring. I think a bigger ring will let it lay a little flatter. So Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment